After a fairly ridiculous weekend, I’m looking forward to getting back to being a productive member of society. Here are two photos to sum up how my weekend went. You’ll notice me overdoing it in pink for my Friday night festivities and being really proud (read: ashamed) on my red dress run on Saturday.
And since it is the beginning of the week, I decided to get involved with Friend Making Mondays! Make sure to check out all the other great responses over at All The Weigh.
TV, Movies and Me
1. If you could be a recurring star on a show that is currently on TV, which show would you choose? I’d choose Psych. The characters are absolutely hilarious and always find themselves doing ridiculously, fantastic things. Plus, I love a good mystery.
2. Name the movie that you are most embarrassed to admit that you love. I’ve seen every dance movie ever created? Absolutely love Center Stage and all of those genre.
3. Name one show that you’ve never seen and would love to watch. I’ve heard great things about Girls and Breaking Bad, but I’m the type that needs to see every episode starting from the beginning. It would take far too long to catch up on either series.
4. Do you ever go to movies alone? No, just not something I’m interested in doing. I rarely go to the movies unless I’m with a large group.
5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why? This one is really tough. It would have to be Dexter or Criminal Minds. I love a good crime drama and those both have plenty of seasons to keep me entertained.
6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why? I’d be on the Biggest Loser so I could work out with Jillian and ogle Dolvett. (Is this a reality show or a game show, I can’t decide?!)
7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say? It would probably say something outrageous. Or just be a giant collage of puppies.
8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room? Michael Jackson was at Universal Studios when I was there a dozen years ago, but I didn’t spend much time with him. I’ve spent time with some “famous” Silicon Valley folks, but I don’t think they qualify.
9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on? My best friend and I always wanted to go on Lingo (on the Game Show Network). If I had more random knowledge I’d want to go on Jeopardy.
10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? One of my professors keeps mentioning that I look like Jennifer Lawrence… I don’t agree with her on the looks bit, but I love that girls personality.
So tell me, what is your favorite television show? What character do you relate with the most?
Hey everyone, today it is Friend Making Monday! This week we’re chatting about food habits and the like. Remember to check out Kenlie over at All The Weigh to link up and learn more about some other great bloggers.
1. What did you eat for dinner last night? Oy, I noshed all day… Then I had some of a small pizza around 5pm and some sushi later in the evening. Overall really healthy stuff (yes, I am being sarcastic).
2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? Cookies. Seriously, I’m a cookie fiend.
3. How often do you go to the grocery store? I typically go at the beginning of the week and try to get all of the items I’ll need. Sometimes I’ll make a quick trip to Trader Joe’s midweek if I run out of fruit.
4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? Rarely. I’m boring when it comes to groceries which means I get the same things most weeks.
5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Carrots, Greek yogurt, and granola.
6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Do not get me started. I’d like to clean it out more frequently, but I have a fairly messy roommate who makes that impossible.
7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? I don’t. There is no guarantee if I’ll actually make it home for dinner so I try to avoid preparing too far in advance.
8. How often do you try new recipes? Not often enough! My friend and I used to cook together once a week, but my schedule is too hectic at this point in time. Hopefully I can get back into cooking next quarter.
9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? Does dessert count? I’d have to go with that…
10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it. Leftover food that my roommate has yet to remove from the fridge. You think I’m joking about her messiness, but you have no idea. (In full disclosure, she is a wonderful person who just happens to have different standards of cleanliness.)
Happy Monday! May all your weeks be entertaining and full of shenanigans!
- Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate? That really depends. I’m typically the proactive type, but at the moment I’m stuck completing work that is due tomorrow morning. People in my office know me as the person who is “on top of things” and I usually have all assignments completed early.
- Do you eat breakfast everyday? If so, what’s a typical meal like? I always have breakfast, it is either granola and Greek yogurt or cereal. If I’m feeling rushed then I’ll toast an English muffin with some peanut butter.
- How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day? Television? I don’t have time for that nonsense. I’m lucky if I can watch shows on my Hulu queue before they expire several weeks after airing.
- Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages? Sadly I’ve become the type to use e-mail and text messages to communicate. I find that I get very distracted when I’m on the phone and I don’t always give my complete attention these days, something I definitely need to work on.
- Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? I exercise when I can find the time. Usually before class, but every once in a while I’ll fit in a run in the afternoon if I can sneak out of the office early.
- Do you take time for yourself regularly? I used to… I will again one of these days, but for now it is time to focus on my graduate career.
- How often do you make your bed? Once in a blue moon? Or when I’m expecting a friend to come over and I don’t want to look like a slob.
- Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance? Last week I rocked at planning my meals and managed to bring food to the office everyday. Sadly that is a rarity, I imagine I’ll be back on a spontaneous eating kick very soon as work picks up.
- Do you wake up at the same time everyday? Heck no, it really depends on when I get to bed and what time I have to get to the office.
- How often do you brush your teeth? In the morning and at night, are you supposed to do it more frequently than that?
Now it is your turn, tell me about your habits! If you’d like to share with the world, write your own responses and post your link on All The Weigh.
- What is your current relationship status? (Be as specific as you’d like to be!) So… I’m technically dating, but I don’t have much time for it. There is a gent on campus who takes me out once a week and another who I spend time studying with, not sure where either is headed. And then there is a gentleman across the country who I care deeply for and I’m conflicted about how I should proceed in that situation. Current Status: Completely and utterly confused.
- List a few qualities that you look for in a significant other… Intelligent, funny, athletic. Good looks can’t hurt, right?
- If you could choose to date one character in TV or film, who would you choose? And which characteristics are most appealing? I love Shawn from Psych or Hank from Royal Pains. I want a guy that has a goofy side while being insanely smart.
- How long should you date before becoming exclusive? There is no good formula for this, I think it really depends on both individuals.
- What are your thoughts on public displays of affection? All for it! I want to hold hands, snuggle up with one another, and kiss in public. Want to put your arms around my waist? Yes please. :)
- Do you kiss on the first date? I do indeed but I don’t want to initiate.
- Biggest turn-off? Bad hair or teeth, but more importantly, poor grammar! If you use text speak then I won’t be interested for long.
- What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? I typically notice if a man can hold my gaze and then I focus on the smile.
- How long do you/did you wait before becoming intimate? Again this depends on both individuals. In the past I’ve had everything from the fourth date to several months in. I’m still not sure which I prefer.
- Describe your dream date. I’m not completely sure what my true dream date is, but I’d love a perfect meal followed by wine and stargazing. I am a bit of a hopeless romantic…